- Fri, 7 Aug 2020 7:00PM
- Sat, 8 Aug 2020 1:00AM
- Ticket deadline:
- Fri, 7 Aug 2020 5:30PM
Queen Elizabeth Stand
The NRMA Kennedy Awards recognises and celebrates the past and present greats of Australian journalism while raising funds and awareness for Australia's media charity - The Kennedy Foundation, supporting colleagues in hardship, with compassion in confidence.
Since 2012 our gala presentation ceremony and black tie ball has been staged on or around the anniversary of Les Kennedy's passing in August 2011.
Following registration here, entries and all relevant links, files and supporting statements must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm July 1st, 2020. Finalists will be announced at 7pm on July 22th.
All entries must have been published in the current financial year, from July 1st 2019 until midnight June 30th, 2020.
Please note: The same story can be entered in multiple categories - but must be submitted as a separate $50 registration each time.
Multiple unrelated stories can also be entered in the same category (to effectively compete against one's self) as long as the stories are submitted as separate $50 registrations.
A series of up to five related stories (eg the original story and follow-ups) can be submitted as a single $50 registration.
Young Journalist of the Year entrants qualifiy if yet to turn 27 by June 30, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: All submissions must include a current photograph of the entrant.
1. Outstanding Crime Reporting
2. Regional Broadcast Reporting
3. Regional Newspaper Reporting
4. Racing Writer Of The Year
5. Outstanding Radio Journalism
6. Outstanding Podcast
7. Outstanding News Photography
8. Outstanding Portrait
9. Outstanding Sports Photography
10. Outstanding Online Video
11. People's Choice from Power of The Lens Exhibition
12. Outstanding Illustration or Cartoon
13. Team Player And Mentor
14. Outstanding Sport Reporting
15. Outstanding Travel Writing
16. Young Journalist of The Year (if yet to turn 27 by June 30, 2019)
17. Lifetime Achievement (Selected by kennedy Foundation Board)
18. Indigenous Affairs Reporting
19. Outstanding News Camera Coverage
20. Outstanding Television News Reporting
21. Outstanding Television Current Affairs Reporting Long Form
22. Outstanding Nightly Television Current Affairs Reporting
23. Outstanding Columnist
24. Outstanding Finance Reporting
25. Outstanding Court Reporting
26. Outstanding Consumer Affairs Reporting
27. Outstanding Online News Breaking
28. Outstanding Reporting on the Environment
29. Scoop of The Year
30. Outstanding Investigative Reporting
31. Outstanding Feature Writing
32. Outstanding Foreign Correspondent
33. Outstanding Political Reporting
34. Journalist of the Year
Please submit all entries to email@example.com - as PDF files, AV and audio files, links or JPEGS by July 1, 2019. Finalists will be announced 7.30pm, Wednesday July 24th.
Judging Process and Entry Criteria
Three finalists in each category will be selected and the judging committee will choose the winner - recognising exceptional examples of ground breaking, gutsy and creative journalism demonstrating a profound and enduring impact.
Judges will also take into account resources, research, preproduction, preparation, logistical challenges, public interest and community benefit. Specific criteria for each award can be found at http://kennedyawards.com.au/tickets-for-event-and-awards-entry/
Entrants are required to disclose any formal corrections, claims of plagiarism or legal proceedings related to the entry after its publication. By registering, the entrant attests to the originality of work and its compliance with copyright rules.
Dealing with Conflict of Interest in Judging
The Kennedy Awards strives to avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest in the judging process. The judging committee comprises a selection of respected leaders in Australian journalism.
The Kennedy Awards Committee will monitor any potential for a personal or professional relationship to undermine the independence, fairness and objectivity of the judging process.
Judging the work of entrants from their own media organisation will not necessarily disqualify a judge.
Before the judging process begins each judge will be required to identify any potential conflict of interest and notify the organising committee, and the appropriate changes will be made if necessary.
Finalists will be posted on the Kennedy Awards website at the completion of a function to announce the finalists at The Crown Hotel on the evening of Wednesday, July 24, 2019.
For details on individual awards category sponsorship opportunities & 2019 Kennedy Sponsorship Packages contact: STEVE WARNOCK at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0424 407 717.
Select your tickets
for ten guests
Sydney Media Club Members